Carbide Burr Correct Cutting Effect, Thereby Reducing Tool Wear
Carbide Burr is a cutter made of carbide. (WC, TiC) micron-grade powder as the main component of the cobalt (Co) or nickel (Ni), the carbide is a high hardness refractory metal carbide (WC, TiC) , Molybdenum (Mo) as a binder, in a vacuum furnace or hydrogen reduction furnace sintered powder metallurgy products.
Carbide Milling Cutter Uses:
Carbide Burr is generally used for CNC machining centers, cnc engraving machine. Can also be installed on the ordinary milling machine processing some of the more difficult and not complex heat treatment materials.
1 Cemented Carbide Cylindrical Mills: For flat milling machines. Knife teeth distributed in the circumference of the cutter, according to the tooth is divided into straight and spiral teeth two. According to the number of teeth and coarse teeth two teeth. Spiral teeth coarse teeth milling teeth less teeth, high strength teeth, chip space, suitable for rough processing; fine tooth cutter for finishing.
2 Carbide Milling Cutter: for vertical milling machine, face milling machine or gantry milling machine on the plane, the end and circumference are knife teeth, but also coarse and fine teeth of the points. Its structure has a monolithic, insert type and indexable type.
3 Carbide end mills: for processing trenches and stepped surfaces, etc., the teeth in the circumference and end face, the work can not be fed along the axial. When the end mill through the center of the end teeth, the axial feed.
4 Carbide three-edge cutter: for processing a variety of trench and step surface, its both sides and circumference are knife teeth.
5 carbide angle cutter: for milling into a certain angle of the groove, there are two kinds of single angle and double angle milling cutter.
6 Carbide saw blade cutter: for processing deep groove and cut the workpiece, the circle has more teeth. In order to reduce the friction at the time of milling, the teeth on both sides of the 15 '~ 1 ° sub-deflection. In addition, there are keyway cutter, dovetail slot cutter, T-slot cutter and a variety of milling cutter and so on.
Carbide milling cutter milling method
Carbide Burr relative to the workpiece feed direction and the direction of rotation of the milling cutter are the following two milling methods:
The first is smooth milling
The direction of rotation of the milling cutter and the direction of the cutting are the same, and the cutter cuts the workpiece and cuts the final chip at the beginning of cutting.
The second is reverse milling
The direction of rotation of the milling cutter and the direction of the cutting of the cutting are reversed, and the milling cutter must slip on the workpiece before starting cutting to start with a cutting thickness of zero and to maximize the cutting thickness at the end of the cutting.
When the milling is done, the cutting force presses the workpiece against the table, and the cutting force causes the workpiece to leave the work table. As the cutting effect of the best milling, usually preferred milling, only when the machine has a thread gap problem or can not solve the problem of milling, only consider the reverse milling. Carbide Milling Cutter Each time the cutting is applied, the cutting edge is subjected to an impact load. The load depends on the cross section of the chip, the workpiece material and the cutting type. In the ideal situation, the diameter of the milling cutter should be larger than the width of the workpiece, the milling machine axis should always and the workpiece centerline slightly away from some distance. When the tool is placed on the cutting center, it is easy to produce burrs. Cutting the cutting edge into the cutting and exit cutting the direction of radial cutting force will continue to change, the machine spindle may vibrate and damage, the blade may be broken and the processing surface will be very rough, Carbide Burr slightly deviated from the center, cutting force direction No longer fluctuate, the cutter will get a preload.
Carbide Burr maintenance
When the carbide end of the cutter and the edge of the workpiece coincide with or close to the edge of the workpiece, the situation will be very serious, the operator should do the relevant equipment maintenance work:
1. Check the power and rigidity of the machine to ensure that the required milling cutter diameter can be used on the machine.
2. The amount of overhang of the tool on the spindle is as short as possible, reducing the effect of the milling cutter axis and the workpiece position on the impact load.
3. The correct milling cutter pitch suitable for this process is used to ensure that there are not too many blades at the same time that the blade is engaged with the workpiece to cause vibration. On the other hand, it is necessary to ensure that there is sufficient blade when milling a narrow workpiece or milling cavity And the workpiece meshing.
4. Make sure that the feed per blade is used so that the correct cutting effect is achieved when the chip is thick enough to reduce tool wear. The indexing blade with an anterior lattice groove is used to achieve a smooth cutting effect and a minimum power.
5. Select the diameter of the cutter that is suitable for the workpiece width.
6. Choose the correct main declination.
7. Place the cutter correctly.
8. Use cutting fluid only if necessary.
9. Follow the tool maintenance and repair rules and monitor tool wear.
Do a good job of carbide cutting tool maintenance work can extend the tool life, improve work efficiency.